Recovering a Lost Amazon EC2 SSH Key
On June 1, 2014 by Gerson Barreiros With 0 Comments - Amazon AWS, SysAdmin
In case you lose your Amazon EC2 SSH Key, and can’t login in your instance. This isn’t a big problem if your instance is EBS based and you use an Elastic IP.
1. Upload your new SSH Key, or use one made by AWS
2. Make an AMI of your instance
3. Launch a new machine from your AMI, select the new SSH Key
4. Log in your machine with default user (ubuntu, ec2-user, depends on your original AMI image)
5. Change the Elastic IP to the new machine
6. Turn of the old machine and terminate it.
Comments are Disabled